About Me

My photo
23. London. Buyer's Admin Assistant. FASHION. When in doubt, Overdress. I like... fashion. CHANEL. big earrings. TOPSHOP. singing. blusher. models. Look magazine. Stylist magazine. short dresses. the french language. Mulberry. photographs. Larkin. apricot scrub. yellow mini eggs. Sauvignon Blanc. Vogue. The Cotswolds. London. Twitter- @Catrindarling

Monday 23 January 2012

23.01.12

Wearing: Denim shorts (River Island). White and blue striped bow detail top (TOPSHOP). Pearl effect collar necklace (TOPSHOP). Leopard print pumps (New Look). Nude watch (Swatch). 'Myth' lipstick (MAC).
Listening to: Hot Right Now ft. Rita Ora- DJ Fresh



Sorry for looking so summery today but I couldn't help it! I'm so tired of winter now and, with all the S/S12 clothes trickling down onto the high street, temptation is all around me! I decided to whack up the heat in my flat so I can get away with wearing this and pretending it's not FREEZING outside! I'm channelling the 'French Riviera' vibe today and wishing I was walking along the beach in the South of France or sat in a little French cafĂ©. There's something so depressing about having to layer up every day. Don't get me wrong, I love layering, but only when I've consciously chosen to. Not been forced. I feel like I could be wearing something completely lovely underneath and no-one would ever know after I've thrown on my knitted woolies, my staple Barbour jacket and various other layers necessary to brave the January elements.

At this time of year I love reading all my fashion magazines and seeing what's being tipped for next season's trends! And then being able to watch the shops transform as they religiously take note and copy what's just been seen on the catwalks. Even more so at this time of year with all the Fashion Weeks kicking off! It's always really refreshing to switch up your wardrobe as well: New Year, New Start, New Me and all that! New clothes always feel like a massive part of this for me.

I always look at the 'up and coming' trends and pick which ones I think will really take of. I.e. that I will be wearing. It's funny how much influence the high street actually has over what we wear in everyday life. I remember when 'jeggings' first came to be and I solemnly swore that I would never ever ever wear them. That was until they were literally postered across my favourite stores. You couldn't get away from them! And, the truth of the matter is, they're easy to wear and bloody comfortable. There are various other trends that I felt this way about. Looking in my wardrobe now though you'd never have guessed (Leather shorts, full-on sequined cropped top, maxi skirt....I could go on).

So here are some of the new trends and some of my picks so far from the high street: 

Sports luxe (Olympic fever is well and truly taking over!): asos.com has this trend nailed. Go onto the 'Game On' section of the webiste and shop shop shop! http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Pencil-Skirt-in-Sheer-and-Solid/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1925870&cid=14085&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Pale+pink I love this skirt. Ticks the 'sports luxe' box, as well as the 'pencil skirt' trend. Winner.

Lace (although I swear this trend never really leaves anyway): If you're tired of doing the classic 'sweet and pretty lace' http://www.asos.com/Reverse/Reverse-Hi-Lo-Dress-With-Studded-Lace-Bustier/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2003040&cid=14084&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black


Bird prints: Loving this bird print dress from Lavish Alice and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg! http://www.lavishalice.com/dc0030-orange-bird-print-summer-dress.html


Under the sea: Channel your inner mermaid for this one, it's all about the metallics and sequins. Rainbow mini skirt http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Mini-Skirt-in-Rainbow-Sequins/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1849207&cid=14086&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Multi


Aztec/tribal: There were too many pieces that I love so I couldn't choose for this trend: gladiator sandals, chunky jewellery, fabric bags (you can get amazing accessories for this one), fringed tops, shorts...I could go on. Think graphic tribal prints, fringing, embellishment and you can't go wrong.

I want to change my hair. I've had it 'ombre' (meaning shadow in French) or 'dip-dyed' for over a year now and I feel like I need to switch it up! I'm so torn though as 'ombre' hair has become my thing. It's how most people know me/recognise me at uni. But I feel like I want dark blonde/light brown hair for now, and then as it grows out it'll go back ombre anyway. PLAN. Need to find a reputable hairdresser in Cardiff though as I don't want it ruined.

I wanted to make sure this blog wasn't just about fashion so I'm really keen to start incorporating music and raves, festivals, gigs I go to. So, with that being said, Saturday Jan 28th I'm going to be hitting a 'Warehouse rave' in Cardiff and I can't waiiiit! I'll definitely keep you posted on how that goes/what I wear etc.

Big love. As always.

No comments:

Post a Comment