About Me

My photo
23. London. Buyer's Admin Assistant. FASHION. When in doubt, Overdress. I like... fashion. CHANEL. big earrings. TOPSHOP. singing. blusher. models. Look magazine. Stylist magazine. short dresses. the french language. Mulberry. photographs. Larkin. apricot scrub. yellow mini eggs. Sauvignon Blanc. Vogue. The Cotswolds. London. Twitter- @Catrindarling

Sunday 22 January 2012

NEW YEARS RES.

So I had every intention of being major committed to this blog but starting back at university kind of took precedent! Soz.
SO HERE IT IS. One of my New Years Resolutions: To actually do this blog on a REGULAR basis.

Wearing: Leopard print leggings (Miss Selfridge). Royal blue satin top (River Island). Leopard print pumps (New Look). Earrings (TOPSHOP). Nude watch (Swatch).




Listening to: 212- Azealia Banks (In love with this track at the moment. Regardless of the vulgar language it is still a mega tune!)

Another New Years Res of mine is the rule that I can only buy clothes IF and only IF they could be classed as 'edgy' or different to what I already have/would usually go for. Hence the leopard print leggings, which I've got to say, I love! I realised at the end of 2011 that I had got myself stuck in a little fashion rut! I don't know whether it was because I was getting back into the routine of uni or that the weight of a final year Law degree was taking its toll?! But, nonetheless, I had got myself well and truly stuck!
So now, with my new lease of 2012 life, I am taking a stance!

I think the fact that I hadn't got myself a decent tripod to do outfit posts was a big hindrance to my cause as well, so with that in mind, I have frog-marched myself down to Cardiff City Centre with the aim of finding one. Thus, NO EXCUSES FOR NOT BLOGGING!

I've also joined WIWT.COM (what I wore today). I feel like it's a nice step up for me before I try my hand at the biggies...namely lookbook.nu. I've only posted one outfit so far but if I get my arse in gear with this little blog, I guess it'll all become part and parcel of the deal!

This morning I got up with the intention of wearing my leggings with a lovely pure white thick knit jumper I got from TOPSHOP (http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=4421047&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=white%20knit&pageSize=20). As my student flat is bloody freeeezing, I decided to put it on the radiator for a few minutes (literally a few minutes) to warm up before I put it on. NO WHERE on the label does it say 'keep away from heat'. I returned to the jumper to find it BURNT. It's all browny-yellow and discoloured. Not a happy bunny. I'm in two minds about whether or not to take it back as it isn't really my fault and it isn't really that much to ask that I can put it on the radiator? Is it?! If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this/what to say to TOPSHOP pleaseee let me know. Fashion/consumer dilemma!

BIG LOVE. As always.

No comments:

Post a Comment