About Me

My photo
23. London. Buyer's Admin Assistant. FASHION. When in doubt, Overdress. I like... fashion. CHANEL. big earrings. TOPSHOP. singing. blusher. models. Look magazine. Stylist magazine. short dresses. the french language. Mulberry. photographs. Larkin. apricot scrub. yellow mini eggs. Sauvignon Blanc. Vogue. The Cotswolds. London. Twitter- @Catrindarling

Tuesday 17 April 2012

17.04.12

Wearing: 
Outfit One: Midi 'Dip back' Skirt (TOPSHOP) (£28), Denim Jacket (Primark), Cropped top (Republic) (2 for £12), Belt (Vintage), Boots (M&S).
Outfit Two: As Above BUT Pink T-Shirt (H&M).


Listening to: Benga- Icon




This skirt is currently my favourite thing in my wardrobe. Although it must be said that I always say that about my newest purchase! I went into TOPSHOP in search of something a little bit different that I perhaps wouldn't normally wear or is totally different to anything else I own! This skirt was the result of this brief and I absolutely love it!! Granted, it is a bit 'swan lake' but I think it's perfect for so many occasions if you know what to style it with (above pictures are some casual 'day' looks). I can't wait to wear it during the summer with a kind of 'rock tee' and style it up for festivals as it's so easy to wear. I also bought some new MAC blusher from the 'limited edition' colours called 'PEONY PETAL'. It's very lovely but very pink and makes my pale complexion look even paler (if that's possible). I'm going to have to invest in some new bronzer  or something to try and even out my skin colouring!

I found out last week that 'In Aid Of Vintage' (the vintage fairs that I absolutely love) are coming to an end after 6 successful years! The belt above is one of the many purchases from one of these events and I'm really going to miss these fairs! They were always so good and had such a wide range of accessories and clothing so it is a massive shame that 'In Aid Of Vintage' is closing. I will now be on the look out for some new vintage fairs to scour as the loss of this event is going to mean that vintage markets become fewer and fewer.

I'm really excited to be back in Cardiff after the Easter break as it means that the high street shops will have been transformed with new products and new trends for SS12 and I can't wait to hit them hard!! I'm also verrrry excited about the summer as I've just bought tickets to 'Love Saves The Day' festival in Bristol on June 3rd. I'm also planning on going to Beach Break Live and SW4 and have some other 'potential' festivals I'd like to go to if I find the money!

Big Love, As Always.
x.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this skirt-and how many options there are for wearing it. A purchase is definitely on the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! absolutely gorgeous skirt, i need this in my life. i love how you've styled it with the denim jacket x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need this skirt, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh thanks lovelies! Definitely get this skirt, it's really cheap for what it is and sooo easy to style up and down! I love it! x.

    ReplyDelete