About Me

My photo
23. London. Buyer's Admin Assistant. FASHION. When in doubt, Overdress. I like... fashion. CHANEL. big earrings. TOPSHOP. singing. blusher. models. Look magazine. Stylist magazine. short dresses. the french language. Mulberry. photographs. Larkin. apricot scrub. yellow mini eggs. Sauvignon Blanc. Vogue. The Cotswolds. London. Twitter- @Catrindarling

Tuesday 27 March 2012

27.03.12

Wearing: 
Outfit 1: 
Interview/Assessment centre Pink silk blazer (Next), Striped pencil skirt ( Next), Black scallop-edged top (Topshop).
Outfit 2: 
Summer clothes starting to creep in Black top (as before), Green body-con skirt (Topshop), Gold and black gladiator sandals with leopard print ribbon (Carvela).

Listening to: Miles Kane- First of My Kind
                     Scrufizzer- Steam
                     B.Traits- Fever



March has been a bit of a manic month for me so sorry for being a bit lax with blogging. I am also coming to end of my student loan for this term so money is a massive issue as well so, I thought, if I can't buy new clothes to blog about, then I'd rather just wait and blog when I've got something worthwhile to talk about!

So the first outfit is something I wore to an interview/assessment centre in London a few weeks ago. I literally trawled around Cardiff City Centre looking for something that could be regarded as 'business attire' but that I'd also love wearing. After one evening of unsuccessful shopping (mostly spent trying on every single item in Zara) I enlisted my flat mate to come and be a second pair of eyes to find the perfect outfit. And this is what we came up with! I always forget just how good Next is for business/smart clothing. The skirt and the jacket came in at around £50 for both which, for work clothes, is not bad at all! I did wear shoes to the assessment (obvs) however, two days before, I damaged the tendons in my foot so had to hobble down to M&S and purchase a 'reliable and sensible' pair that my fat foot could actually fit in to!! There were a lot of frustrated London folk on the tube that day caught behind the 'Catrin traffic jam' I created. Oops.

The second outfit is a tribute to the absolutely beautiful weather that we've been seeing for the last week or so! I realised that the majority of my wardrobe is actually spring/summer clothing (which I pass off as going out clothes as well) so I am loving finally being able to wear some of it!! The high street shops are starting to really go for it in terms of SS12 clothing as well so I can't wait to go home for Easter and hopefully come back in a few weeks with some new bits and pieces! I'm desperate to get my hands on some pastel pieces, and I'd love a girly, lace white dress. Either that or come back and hit Cardiff when the student loan drops!!

Anyway, that's all for now as I have to get ready for uni (absolute lazybones!)
Big Love, As Always.
x.

No comments:

Post a Comment