About Me

My photo
23. London. Buyer's Admin Assistant. FASHION. When in doubt, Overdress. I like... fashion. CHANEL. big earrings. TOPSHOP. singing. blusher. models. Look magazine. Stylist magazine. short dresses. the french language. Mulberry. photographs. Larkin. apricot scrub. yellow mini eggs. Sauvignon Blanc. Vogue. The Cotswolds. London. Twitter- @Catrindarling

Monday 20 February 2012

20.02.12

Wearing: Body-con black/leopard print dress (River Island). Leopard print flats (New Look). Lipstick (MAC combination of 'Myth' and 'St Germain'). Blue quilted bag (Mango). Grey Blazer (Topshop). Gold hoop earrings (Topshop).
My hair is also finally starting to fade into a more 'auburn' shade. Result! 

Listening to: Major Look- Hush Your Gums.




This week I have major envy for anyone at London Fashion Week. I've watched some of the live streams and I desperately want to be there! I love how, at LFW, designers always make their shows such an experience, such a story and such an event. I love how each designer hand picks the venue and set design to correspond to their collection and their personalities (designers like Vivienne Westwood always have a field day). Showing their new collections for the first time is such a huge thing and the collections literally predict what trends will be filtering down on the high street in a matter of months. I just love the whole process- I love seeing which trends the high street will pick-up on and accept and which ones will be shunned.

This weekend I went to Motion in Bristol for 'Funk From The Trunk'. I always forget how much of a great venue Motion is. It was a really good night as all the artists on the line-up played a decent mix of music genres, so there was pretty much something for everyone. Normally if I go to a rave I try to go quite casual, but because I bought this new dress recently, I decided I'd give it it's debut! Teamed with flats and a cardi you can dress it down really easily. Going to such great nights lately is also getting me really excited for festivals this summer! Partly for the music but mostly for the 'festival chic' fashion I can bring out! Give me a summer dress, some gladiator sandals, my ray bans and a trilby and I'll be happy! I also saw the BeachBreak 2012 line-up today, a day before the release and I can safely say it's going to be an amazing few days! Roll on summer!

Big love, As always.

No comments:

Post a Comment