About Me

My photo
23. London. Buyer's Admin Assistant. FASHION. When in doubt, Overdress. I like... fashion. CHANEL. big earrings. TOPSHOP. singing. blusher. models. Look magazine. Stylist magazine. short dresses. the french language. Mulberry. photographs. Larkin. apricot scrub. yellow mini eggs. Sauvignon Blanc. Vogue. The Cotswolds. London. Twitter- @Catrindarling

Wednesday 19 September 2012

19.09.12 NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE!

Wearing: 
#1 Mint Green Lace Top (New Look), Black Leather Skirt (Miss Selfridge), Tan Boots (Topshop), Necklace (Covent Garden Market Stall).
#2 Blue Dress (Topshop), Necklace (New Look), Boots as above.
#3 Khaki Embroidered Military Jacket (Zara), Bralette (Miss Selfridge), Leather Skirt and boots as above.

Listening to: Lianne La Havas feat. Willy Mason- No Room For Doubt




I've so much news to tell you that I can hardly contain myself!! I am really REALLY sorry I've been neglecting this blog lately (okay, so for a good few months!) but there is good reasoning behind this!

Last time I blogged I was slap bang in the middle of my Law finals at university and ridiculously stressed and generally not a nice person to be around! Haha! But those are well and truly out of the way, I've even had graduation already! That chapter in my life has sadly well and truly ended however I have started a brand new one! I've uprooted to the big smoke of London and started a full-time job (CRY!) as a fashion merchandiser for a big UK high street retailer. Very exciting times! So now I have NO EXCUSE for not keeping this blog up to date as I am literally surrounded by clothes and retail and fashion all day long! Living in London has certainly had a detrimental impact on my bank balance (forget London rent prices I'm talking about the fact that I can go shopping every day if I really want to!!)

The above outfits are just a teeny tiny snippet of the clothes I've bought lately but I thought I'd start somewhere! I've been trying to buy staple pieces that will merge into my wardrobe well and also see me through to winter (pfff as if we even had a 'summer'). The leather skirt I thought was a great buy as it is the perfect 'winter skirt', very durable and practical for the cold weather. Along the same lines I thought that this military jacket would be perfect for layering up in winter especially as they're all over the high street at the moment at prices that won't break the bank.

My new 'working girl' life has also empowered me to switch up the hair a bit as well. After the absolute atrocity that was 'dip-dye gate 2012' (see earlier posts for more on this) I decided to be brave and trust a hair-dresser with my barnet once more and opted for dark red as well as chopping half of it off! The pictures above don't really do it justice for quite how red it actually is!

So, i'm going to leave it there for this evening, but i'll be sure to blog tomorrow or in a few days.

Big Love. As Always.
x.

No comments:

Post a Comment